Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The First 48 Hours


























What a crazy 48 hours!  Constant feedings, bottle washing, laundry, & diaper changes, but honestly it hasn't been too bad.  Geneva & Lexa are good girls & very happy.  They continue to have the same schedule which is a blessing & we are learning to feed them one parent at a time so the other can sleep.  But generally, Patrick is in charge of one, I the other & then we rotate so we don't play favorites.  Last night we gave their first baths & they both loved it.  Don't babies smell so good!!  After their bath, we laid them on the blanket cousin Karen made so they could have some tummy time.  It was then that they discovered each other (as you can see in the picture).  Generally they don't have the opportunity to interact, but last night on the quilt they couldn't get enough of each other.  They held hands & literally stared at each other for over twenty minutes.  One would make a sound & the other would talk back.  It was so cute. We got it on video!  They slept in their cribs for the first time last night.  Patrick took the 2:00 a.m. feeding & I took the 5 a.m. by myself & it went well.  Whiskey, AKA the nanny, assisted.  He is very protective of the babies & wants to be with me when they are fed & changed, still trying to figure out what is going on.  We had our first pediatrician's visit today & were very impressed with the clinic & doctor.  The nurses were excited to see twins as were those in the waiting room.  The girls were troopers.  They have both gained weight, Geneva at 6 lbs., 3 ozs. & Lexa at 6 lbs. even.  The doctor agreed with their hospital doctor that they were healthy & should have no long-lasting effects from being born early.  He said we were very lucky & bragged twice on how beautiful they both were.  They don't have to go back until their 2 month check-up for shots.  Better run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful babies! They are certainly opposites in looks, and yet to be seen how personalities differ. I am so thrilled to see them on the blankets I made them--made me tear up a bit. Enjoy every moment...this little baby stage goes quickly. Ian will be in kindergarten in 1 1/2 years! Keep those photos coming--love the way you used the letters Lauren and Chris had gotten and painted for the family shower. I have a bunch of GREAT family shower photos I hadn't even looked at until this week since I fell right after the shower and have done only things I've had to do. Will do my best to get them online--am going to give shutterfly a try as it looks like Amy has had luck with them. Hugs and kisses all around! NOTE: Love the story about Whiskey the cat being the 'nanny!' Love and prayers, cousin Karen (Goins) Sheridan/Lancaster Hill