Monday, June 22, 2009

Home Sweet Home
















We made it home about noon today!  All the nurses were sad to see us go.  They had gotten really attached to the girls & after a month of being there more than six hours a day, it will be strange for us not to be at the hospital.  The girls rode well in their car seats & have been sticking with their three hour schedule of eating, burping, changing diapers, & sleeping & doing it all over again.  Things have been smooth so far.  I even had time to make a few phone calls tonight, cook dinner, & clean the kitchen.  Patrick said, "this is easy!"  I assured him it was TOO easy & that we had only been home a few hours!  The dog sniffed them once & has been unaffected.  Whiskey the cat was very curious for the first few minutes sniffing them & licking their feet.  Primarily he just sits & stares at them trying to figure them out, especially when they make noise.   Thanks for all the phone calls.  We'll keep you updated.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Leslie,
I haven't called because I knew you were extremely busy, however, I have been following your "life" on your blog. I am so happy you are all home now and can really start your family. Let me know in a few days if Patrick still thinks it is easy. Let me know if you need anything. The girls are beautiful. Darlene

Darlene said...

Hi Leslie,
Haven't been calling so you could have your own time but have been keeping up on your blog. I am so happy you are all home now and can start your new family. Prayers are with you all.
Darlene

coble said...

I am so glad that you guys made it home. I can’t wait to see meet the girls. You will have to let me know when I can bring you guy’s dinner. Much love, Laura

{The Castaways} said...

So glad you are home! The girls have GROWN! We will bring something over to stock your freezer soon!

Jenny said...

Yea! I am so happy to hear you are home at last! They look fantastic. I love the striped outfits!

Take care!

The Bowling Family said...

I know how glad you are to finally start your normal life with your girls. You will be amazed at how quickly you settle into a routine. The sleep issue is something I never got used to, but in about three months or so you won't have to worry about it.:-) Congrats and let me know if you need anything.