The girls are doing so great! They are now able to regulate their own body temperatures & have been moved out into an open crib--TOGETHER! It was so awesome to walk into the nursery yesterday & see them interacting with each other. As weird as it sounds, it finally hit us that we have twins. Up until now they have been so separated from each other & we have only been able to hold & interact with them individually, but yesterday I was able to hold them both at the same time. They are now able to wear regular clothes from home with the nurses preferring sleepers to keep them warmer. Look at Geneva in her "Hawaiian" sleeper (I think from the Coble's if I remember correctly). Patrick said she looks like she just got back from a cruise! I see now why mom's do so much laundry. They had already dirtied 4 sleepers & 4 blankets by last night. Did I mention there were lots of poopy diapers to change yesterday? Luckily Patrick got the majority of them!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Together, Again!
The girls are doing so great! They are now able to regulate their own body temperatures & have been moved out into an open crib--TOGETHER! It was so awesome to walk into the nursery yesterday & see them interacting with each other. As weird as it sounds, it finally hit us that we have twins. Up until now they have been so separated from each other & we have only been able to hold & interact with them individually, but yesterday I was able to hold them both at the same time. They are now able to wear regular clothes from home with the nurses preferring sleepers to keep them warmer. Look at Geneva in her "Hawaiian" sleeper (I think from the Coble's if I remember correctly). Patrick said she looks like she just got back from a cruise! I see now why mom's do so much laundry. They had already dirtied 4 sleepers & 4 blankets by last night. Did I mention there were lots of poopy diapers to change yesterday? Luckily Patrick got the majority of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Finally! Seeing them together is so exciting! You need to make that pic of you holding them your main pic for your blog! :) Can't wait to see them. Luke still prays for them several times a day!
Leslie,
They look great! Keep on doing a good job mommie!
SOOO cute!! Love the picture of you holding them! I know you are happy to see them together finally, especially being one more step closer to being home!
They are so beautiful. I can't wait to meet them!!!
Les, I teared up when I saw you holding both Lexa and Geneva! I know how long you have wanted to be a mother, and this dream come true for you is also a dream come true for us who love you. What gifts the Lord has blessed you and Patrick with! I cannot wait to see more photos as it's become my "fix" for the day since I am largely shut in for almost six weeks. Since the accident I've had a lot of time to reflect on your journey, from the day you were born and the nurse holding you up at the nursery window, thru your childhood lovingly playing mommy to your dolls, and then your adulthood reached, college behind, a wonderful husband, a job you love--nothing lacking but the children you'd always wanted but being hit instead with heartbreaking depression and no medical tests that could pinpoint why when it failed for what-six years now? I believe the Lord is always present thru our good times and thru grief, longing and tragedy. He saw your most fervent wish and has blessed you and Patrick with these beautiful girls during your faith and trials for job well done. What lucky girls! I love it that they are different--hair, personality and size. They will have their own image in life, yet I find myself wanting to go buy new frilly things, having been surrounded by almost all boys on both sides of our family. You are just glowing holding both the babies, Les, and I am so proud of you for what you've endured. No doubt, these are two very lucky girls. My love, always, cousin Karen/Sheridan AR NOTE: MY COMPUTER HAS A NEW PRINTER AND IT MAKES IT DO WEIRD THINGS, SO IF THIS PRINTED TWICE AS I WAS EDITING AND IT SUDDENLY SAID IT HAD BEEN SENT TO THE WEBSITE OWNER FOR APPROVAL. IF POSSIBLE DELETE THE FIRST AND USE THIS ONE. :)
Adorable Simply Adorable! Love the picture of you holding both girls! I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment