



Apparently I have quite a blog following... I have had more than a dozen e-mails & phone calls this week telling me that I am falling behind on my blogging. Sorry for any worry--the girls are doing great. Geneva is up to 5 lbs. 6 ozs. & Lexa at 4 lbs. 13 ozs. Lexa is actually doing better with her feedings--at 4 bottles a day and scarfing them down in 5 minutes flat. Geneva is more laid back, taking her time & only consuming about half of her 2 bottles a day. They have upgraded from the premie nipple to the regular nipple, which is good. Lexa is still on daily medicine for reflux but other than that, no medicines, IVs, or bloodwork. They are very healthy, just need time to learn to eat. Because they are premies, they remain sleepy but are learning quickly & are much more alert. Basically we are just waiting for their maturity, as they would still only be 35 weeks right now in utero. The original goal to have them home was between their 36-37 week mark which would be June 17-24, & I think we will make it. We go to the hospital twice a day coordinated with their feedings. They are the hit of the hospital nursery for sure. All the parents & staff love them! Aren't they cute in their new hats that Aunt Amy made for them? This way the doctor can tell them apart (even though they look nothing alike, he still gets confused). Lexa remains our gentle baby doll, fair and blue-eyed. The jury is still out on her hair--she may end up red-headed afterall. She gets very red in the face when she is upset (mainly when you don't get the bottle to her mouth fast enough). Geneva is quite a character, making the funniest sounds & faces constantly making us laugh. Geneva loves her pacifier & her new nickname is Maggie (from the baby on the Simpson's that constantly smacks her passy). Her hair is continuing to thin & lighten. We shower them with hugs & kisses & tell them how many people love them.
4 comments:
I am glad u updated. I have been looking everyday. They look great. I can't wait to meet them. Congrats on their health.
Libby
They are growing so much already! You and Patrick look so very happy! I cannot wait to read that your happy family of four is at home!
Yeah! Their caps look so cute! :) So happy they are doing well and growing incredibly fast.
Thanks for the update! I love seeing the pictures. You guys make such cute parents.
Post a Comment