
Hello everyone- It's been over a month, okay almost 2 months since I've updated my blog. I have been so incredibly busy and without a computer for many days making it hard to update. Where do I start? Well Patrick took a trip to Boston for a week in late March. He participated in the National Science Teacher's Convention. He had a wonderful time despite American Airlines chaos. April was full of wedding showers. I will post pics soon. Amanda, a sorority sister, who is getting married in June had a beautiful shower at our sorority house on campus. Two weeks later, I co-hosted Lauren's shower, who is marrying my cousin. It was a lot of work but so worth it. It was perfect! In fact Lauren & Chris are getting married tomorrow in Jamaica! I can't wait to hear all about it. Patrick has been so busy with the end of the school year approaching. He finished his second semester of graduate school in physics with a 4.0! For his job, he has been busy every night typing tests and grading papers and projects. I have been busy at work as well. My graduate student completed her semester the first week of May. It's been hard to get back in the swing of things having 13 patients and completing the paperwork by myself. I have been working many weekends, including tomorrow to make up for many mid-week appointments. I am very fortunate that I have a flexible job in which I can work any 5 days of the week so I can take off mid-week if needed. Yesterday, we celebrated Corkie's 16th birthday!!! No that is not a mistake. 16! If she were my real child, she would be old enough to drive! We took her out for her favorite treat, a puppy cup at Shake's. She loves to ride in the car and get her ears & face messy eating the ice cream. She is in great health for 16. Some arthritis, which is controlled with medicine, and she has been deaf for several years now. Her favorite activity is chasing Whiskey the cat and sharing in his cat food. She loves to sit underneath his dish and catch dropped food. She can't wait to get out of bed in the morning to run in the kitchen and eat the cat food off the floor. We have had some great memories together. I've had her since I was 11 so we have grown up together. She is always by my side. Happy Birthday, Corkie! I will always love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment