This picture was taken last summer at a "Sunflowers and Sangria" fundraiser for the new botanical gardens. Our picture was published in High Profile, even though it said Patrick's mother instead of mother-in-law! Contrary to popular belief--it is NOT a sunglasses ad. It was over 100 degrees and very sunny that afternoon.Well, it has been a rough week and a half. I have been very sick, the sickest I dare to say I can ever remember. It started with a bad cough a week ago Thursday which developed into a high fever for six days, chills, congestion, sore throat, stiff neck, headache, severe nausea, muscle aches, weakness, you name it. Two doctors visits later, a week off work, and lots of medicine I am finally back to semi-normal. I feel like I have been in a coma! Man I will never wish for a few days in bed again. You think, oh it would be nice to catch up on some reading and t.v. movies and lay in bed for a day or two. WRONG! I longed for work again so I could feel normal. I missed 2 weeks at church, including my favorite Sunday of the year, Easter Sunday. Patrick avoided me like the plague (I really don't blame him). So I literally had no contact with others for over a week except those that called to check on me. Thanks mom, dad, Scarlet, and Mi-Mi & Pop-Pop. It is amazing how you revert to being a little child when you are sick. You just want someone to take care of you! And a special thanks to my two nurses, Corkie and Whiskey. Isn't it funny how animals know when you are sick? They never left my side, and were extra sweet. So enough of my whining. I am thankful I was able to put in a full day's work today and make it through without taking fifteen naps or coughing every 5 seconds. So there's really nothing to report. I have been out of the loop for over a week. The good news is that Lent is over, and I survived 6 weeks of no chocolate! My 6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies have been staring at me for 4 of those 6 weeks, calling my name. But I was good! I held off. My biggest decision today was should I dive into the Thin Mints, Peanut butter patties, or Caramel Delights first? Oh, and then there are the Cadbury eggs the Easter Bunny left me. Decisions, decisions....
No comments:
Post a Comment