Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Day Five Update
The updates are getting shorter & shorter, which is a good thing. Pop-Pop was discharged this afternoon and is VERY happy to be home. He will receive home health services beginning tomorrow but is doing remarkably well. My grandmother has a full-time job trying to keep him still so he can fully recover. He is already talking about mowing the grass this upcoming weekend despite his two large wounds from his invasive lung surgery. Mom is doing well. She requested Mexican food tonight, which is her favorite--so I got to-go fajitas and cheese dip. She took a long nap this afternoon while I visited with my grandparents before they left the hospital. This morning I did laundry and some cleaning and helped her take a shower. She is gaining more strength and independence daily. Thanks to everyone for their calls and e-mails. Honestly, even Mom admits that this has been easier than everyone expected. The anxiety of the unknown is always worse than the reality of what it turns out to be. Mom is very brave and a true inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment