Sunday, May 25, 2008
Day Three Update
Much better day today. Mom was discharged after a rough night at the hospital. She was ready to leave! We are settled into her friend, Lydia's house which is not far from the hospital. It gives her peace of mind to be close just in case anything is needed. She had her first shower tonight, and washed her hair! She is eating her favorites--chocolate candy, ice cream, and popsicles and feeling good. She thinks she could make the 3 hour trip back home, but I think we will stay in town until her follow-up appointment on Thursday. Patrick is holding down the fort at home. He went over to check on Mom's place today and hooked up her DVD player so that when she returns she will be able to watch movies. Once I got Mom settled in at Lydia's around noon today, I headed off to Wal-Mart and Walgreens to get her prescriptions filled and get some groceries. I then took a much needed nap and headed off to the hospital around 4:00 to visit with my grandfather. He is doing much better today. He is spunky for sure--he is on a no added salt diet following his surgery but snuck in a salt shaker and poured it all over is supper tonight despite my advice. Mi-Mi and I went to Dixie Cafe and had a nice dinner tonight. She is settled in the hotel, and I will check on them again tomorrow. If they get to go home Tuesday, I will make the 1 hour drive south and help them get settled at home. I will be off work all week! I have worked every holiday this year and have only taken 2 sick days when I had the flu, so I am ready for a little R & R (although taking care of 2 patients is not exactly a vacation), but honestly I am glad I am able to. I am a nurse at heart and enjoy it. I will keep you posted again tomorrow. I am going to actually sleep past 6:00 a.m.!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you have been busy playing nurse! :) I know your mom and Grandfather appreciate it SOOOOOOOOO much! You do such a good job taking care of people. Don't forget to take care of yourself...you aren't that young anymore. Ha! Just kidding!
Call us!
Hi Leslie,
I 've been thinking of your Mom and Granddad since Friday...
finally looked on your blog to see if you have posted anything...
and of course you have, although I don't know where you find the time.
take care, we miss you and are glad that your Mom and Granddad are doing well...
Becky
I am glad you are going to get some rest too. I know they are thankful to have you taking care of them. If you need anything when you get back to town let me know.
Post a Comment