Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Four Update

Not too much to report today. Mom spent a quiet day at "home". She took a nice nap this afternoon. She is feeling well, not too much discomfort. She has a slight temp which we are monitoring. We have to drain her tubes 4 times a day which is kind of gross! But we are getting used to it. We have to measure the blood to make sure it is an acceptable amount. Hopefully, she will have them removed Thursday at the clinic. She is wearing the new pjs I bought her--cute green and white striped polyester with crop pants and button down top because she can't raise her hands. Her biggest decision in the morning is which pair to put on! She is catching up on reading and enjoying talking to her friends who have been so wonderful to call and check in. Pop-Pop is doing great!! All of his IVs and chest tubes and morphine pump were removed today, and he is hoping to d/c tomorrow from the hospital. He is as spunky as ever. The nurses cannot believe he is almost 85. He loves a captive audience, and enjoys telling them WWII and State Police stories from the good ole days. I am doing well. I actually slept until 9:00 a.m.! It was great. I am a little homesick though. I am quite the homebody and terribly miss my two babies and hubby. Patrick and I are together a lot so it is hard to be apart. If we got through the 6 weeks apart (3 months into our marriage) for his job training in Maryland, I think we can make it until Thursday!!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

I am glad all your "patients" are doing well! Get some rest and we can't wait to see you at Binns' wedding next month!