Sunday, April 4, 2010

Meet the Newest Member of our Family

Our new Honda mini-van!
Lexa not so happy her first van trip came to an end & thus her nap
Geneva testing out our new ride

We finally did it, broke down & bought the mini-van. I am a very cheap person & have loved not having a car payment for 4 years, but I just couldn't manage the girls much longer in my Altima. Road trips were HORRIBLE, either taking two cars or being miserable packed in like sardines in my car as their car seats took up the entire backseat. Having 2 of everything--2 cribs, twice as many clothes, food, etc. meant a bigger car was necessary. We are very happy with the newest member of the family & took it out for a test drive today & are hoping for a trip to the Tulsa Zoo next weekend, weather permitting. I have to confess that I cried leaving Ally the Altima at the dealership yesterday. Not only do I get attached to my things, but she was the first car that I bought, paid off, & actually owned. She looked so sad in the lot :( I know I will grow to love my new car, the leather seats & sunroof will help :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! You are so going to enjoy the extra room! Understand the getting attached part! Ha! I think you look like a hip mom in ur van! ;)

Anonymous said...

aw yay finally got the minivan!! Things will be so much easier now for u guys = ) It looks very nice = )
-Kara-

Unknown said...

Guess you will always remember the girls' first Easter with a ride in your brand new a minivan!

libbyferg said...

Hot momma in the mini van. I wish I could have one. I have heard great things about the car.