Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's--Looking Back on '09

2009, a year I will ALWAYS remember!!!!!

BEST OF 2009


5. Being pregnant in general--ok until the end when I was too fat to move, but I tend to forget that part. I loved it & sometimes miss it in a weird way. I loved my baby showers, the way people treated me, wearing maternity clothes, feeling the babies kick, dreaming of what their faces would look like...
4. The day the girls were baptized--October 24th.
3. The day we found out we were having 2 girls--February 12th! My dream come true.
2. The day we brought them home from the hospital--June 22nd
1. Birth of our beautiful babies, Geneva & Lexa--May 25th & seeing their faces & being told that not only would they make it but had an excellent prognosis.

WORST OF 2009

5. The ice storm of January 2009. Being pregnant, without electricity or heat, cold, cold, & did I mention COLD.
4. In general the recovery from a c-section. Maybe I am just a wimp but being cut open did not go over well with me. For a good 6-8 weeks I was in quite a bit of pain, every move I made was terrible. I still can't figure out why women voluntarily opt for one???
3. The day I went back to work--August 31st. Why can't I be independently wealthy??
2. The day I was discharged from the hospital without my babies--May 29th. My heart felt like it was being ripped from my chest. I literally cried myself to sleep that night.
1. The day I went into labor--May 20th (and the long days to follow while I was in labor with little drugs!). Not only was it painful & so draining, it was such a disappointment since my pregnancy had gone so well & I knew it was way too early to have them. May 20th was a long way from the due date of July 14th.

1 comment:

Basham said...

Those 2 adorable smiling faces will make 2010 an even more exciting year than 09!