Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lost the Bet

We have been very busy. I am now officially working 3 jobs...can't get into details right now but a 50+ hour, 6 day work week was brutal last week. This week doesn't look any better as I worked today, but hopefully my schedule will soon change. More later. Patrick is finally back to school after a 2 week Christmas break plus a 1 week snow break. The girls are growing before our eyes. Their motor skills & verbal skills are progressing & now Lexa has a new tooth! Couldn't quite get a picture of it, but it is barely poking through the surface after a 30 minute screaming fest yesterday. Patrick & I had a two-part bet over Christmas, which girl would get the first tooth & when (high/low). I picked January 15th as the date, I got Jan. 15th & the low end & Patrick got the high end. Well...the tooth came in at 10:00 a.m. on January 16th!! I lost the bet by less than 24 hours not to mention I picked Geneva first!! So I lost both ends of the bet. My punishment... I have to cook dinner for 2 whole weeks straight.... Maybe Patrick will forget.
Lexa with her dolly. She was rolling around on the floor & the next thing I knew it was awfully quiet. This is what I found when I walked back in the living room. Fast asleep. And with her butt showing. (Blackmail later in life)!
Geneva studying & talking to her doll. She has a brown-headed dolly & Lexa has a blonde one.
Lexa loves her new toys. She gets overwhelmed sometimes because she doesn't know which toy to ring, buzz, make sing, or just chew on.
Lexa is SO close to crawling. She pushes her butt up in the air & tries so hard. She just can't quite get her arms going.
Geneva has discovered her feet & loves looking at them, talking to them, & sucking them. Patrick has a baby picture that looks JUST like this--he loved his feet, too!

Once again, straight for the feet. Notice how she pulled off her socks to get to them.

1 comment:

Mauree said...

Well your girls beat Silas to getting teeth. He still does not have any teeth. I am not surprised though because his brothers both got teeth after their first birthday. I can't beleive how fast the girls are growing up.