Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2009

May 24, 2009: I don't remember many specifics of the day...just how big & bloated I felt. It was a rough day; I was mentally & physically exhausted from Day 5 of pre-term labor. It was a Sunday & I hadn't seen my regular doctor since Friday. I knew she would be working the next day--Memorial Day. I was anxious to talk with her regarding the long-term plan because I just had a feeling I wouldn't make it much longer. Originally she planned for the mag sulfate to stop Monday. What then? Sunday night, the 24th, I was having terrible pains. The on-call doctors hadn't checked me for dilation because they were afraid the exam would cause my water to break. Little did I know, I was slowing dilating all night. I recall waking Patrick up several times in the night & him helping me through the breathing exercises we learned in our birthing class & begging him to massage my back. The nurse wanted to give me pain meds & a sleeping pill, but I refused. Tomorrow would be a memorable Memorial Day...

No comments: