Thursday, February 12, 2009

Boys?, Girls?, or One of Each????

A mother's intuition is always right..............................

IT'S 2 GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

And more importantly, they are both healthy and "perfect".  The ultrasound literally took 45 minutes as she measured every internal organ... kidneys, brain, spinal cord, stomach, intestines, bladder, heart, even the bones of the legs and arms.  Each weighs exactly 8 ounces and heartrates are right around 156/158.   One is head down and one head up, which is typical for twins.   Due date is still July 14 (40 weeks) but target date is at least 36 weeks (June 16).  

Now comes the fun part... picking out paint and furnishings and registering for gifts.  One of my showers is already set for April 18th, which will be here before we know it!  

We will keep everyone posted.  Keep the girls in your prayers as they continue to grow and thrive.

9 comments:

The Smith Family said...

CONGRATS!! Start saving your money now because girl clothing is too cute to pass up! Have you picked out any names?

{The Castaways} said...

We are sooo excited both girls are happy and healthy. You will have to let me hold them every once and a while so I could imagine what a little girl would be like! What fun!

Jenny said...

It is now safe to tell you my twin theory. Several teachers and I have found that twins of the same gender are much nicer than the one of each variety. It sounds great to have one of each, but there is almost always an odd one with boy-girl twins. Two girls...that is just lovely! Congratulations!

carolynjo said...

Les and Patrick...congratulations! You have such a life of joy ahead and two lucky girls. Hey, I might want the name of that fortune teller, Les . . . or maybe not! Might scare me silly. I'm SO happy w/tears of joy. love, cousin Karen

Rachel said...

Congratulations! You will have so much fun with double the girly stuff. I am so glad the girls are healthy and doing well.

libbyferg said...

Congrats! U will have lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! 2 girls! I'm so excited!!! You're going to be such a great Mom!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I didn't realize you were pregnant and with twins!!! Congrats! I'm actually pregnant too -with just one little girl. :) We are due April 5th. I'm so happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Leslie! I'm so jealous! I just got around to reading your blogs and I must say, you are a wonderful writer. How did you ever end up with a B in Comp. II?
I miss you and think of you often. Be sure to invite me to your baby shower; I haven't seen you in ages!