
Today is our 6th Wedding Anniversary! We have had a great weekend so far. Patrick has been in Houston for the past week and came home Friday. We had a great dinner at a new Chinese restaurant in town. We were so excited to actually sleep in Saturday morning (11:00 a.m.). It has literally been over a year I think. We are both big babies and hate to sleep apart so we had a lot of sleep to catch up on from the last week. Yesterday we did some shopping and worked around the house. We rented a movie, and after the movie was over decided to watch our wedding video. WOW! In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago. We were so young (21 & 22)! We had a beautiful wedding, if I do say so myself. I dreamed of a big wedding since I was a little girl, my dad calls it the "Princess Diana Effect." I do think there is a lot of truth to that-watching her wedding as a little girl and seeing the big dress and long train. Anyway, we had a traditional Catholic wedding, over an hour long. I had a big A-line dress and veil. My bridesmaids wore sorbet (pink) and carried white roses. I carried pink roses. We had a nice reception at noon with lots of food, wine, champagne, cake, and dancing. It was a true celebration. There isn't anything I would change. To top it off, we had a great honeymoon cruise to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Mexico.
Honestly, the marriage has been so much better than the wedding. We are so blessed to have known each other, nearly 10 years now. We built a strong friendship through God and church for months before we actually started "dating." Once dating, I knew within a few weeks we were meant to me. Things haven't always been easy. One of us has been in school for our entire marriage, me the first two years in graduate school and then Patrick with his non-traditional teaching certification and now graduate degree. We have some great memories together, but it is our daily life that we love. Patrick is such a caring man who truly is a romantic at heart. He never takes me for granted and compliments me often. Just today in church, an elderly man tripped and fell...Patrick was the first one there to help and the last one to leave, taking care of not only the man but his wife as well. He is so funny, intelligent, and sensitive. I know I am not easy to live with, especially now with all of my hormones out of wack, but Patrick never complains. Our souls are truly happy when we are with each other.
Well, I will update later in the week when our wireless internet is up and running (I am on dial-up right now). I will show more current pictures of our anniversary gifts and from dinner tonight--we have reservations at Bone Fish Grill. I am going to order lobster tail!
2 comments:
Congrats!!! Doesn't it feel weird to know you have been with someone that long? We are getting too old!!!
Congrats on your anniversary! You guys are such a sweet couple, and its been a joy to watch you guys grow into an "old married couple." May you have many more years of wedding bliss!
Post a Comment