What a good weekend we had. My best friend from high school, Susan, came up this weekend for a basketball game, and boy what a game it was. I'm not much of a basketball fan, I prefer football hands down. But any game is fun when you are winning by more than 20 points. We were on our feet and cheering the whole game. Susan and I were able to catch up on everything. With our 10 year high school reunion just around the corner--we took many trips down memory lane. In some ways I miss those days where life was so simple but in other ways am glad to have my own house, my own schedule, and not worry about the peer pressures, gossip, and drama from an all girls school. Overall, high school was a wonderful experience. I loved my school which provided me with not only a solid academic foundation but instruction on loving thy neighbor and devoting your life to do so. My second week of school, I had an embarrassing experience tripping and dropping my lunch (nachos) all over the cafeteria floor. Susan and I met because out of all of the people in the lunch room, she jumped out of her seat and helped me clean up the mess and offered to share her lunch so I wouldn't starve. It's funny how acts of kindness like that are ingrained in your memory.
Nothing much else has been happening. Trying to plan my grandmother's 85th birthday party which will be at the end of the month. I LOVE to plan parties/showers/family gatherings. I should have been an event planner. Maybe in another life. My biggest success would have to be my mom's 60th SURPRISE birthday party. Was that hard to pull off! But I did it. We had people fly in from all over the country. I had a cocktail party at my house and then all 50 of us went out to eat at an upscale Italian restaurant. My mom had a great time visiting with friends from all chapters of her life--grade school, high school, college, and on and on. I've also got a dinner party coming up next week. But this week--all of the focus will be on Super Tuesday. I love politics-I guess it's in my genes. I can't wait to watch CNN coverage. GO HILL!
No comments:
Post a Comment