Sunday, February 17, 2008

Under Water



We've had a busy week. Monday night was my dinner group's first meeting. 5 of my sorority sisters came over for food, fun, and conversation. I cooked chicken spaghetti, garlic bread, salad with raspberry dressing, and banana pudding. Yummy! Nothing makes me happier than entertaining and feeding others. I wish I had time on a daily basis to cook. I love to do it-just not after 8 hours of working. Plus I hate to clean up afterwards. We had a great visit. Jennifer, my college roommate and maid of honor from my wedding, told us of her upcoming trip to do mission work in a Guatemala orphanage and kept us entertained with her constant jokes. We talked of how easy we had it in college and how hard the real world is. Boy were we clueless back then!


Valentine's Day was fun. We had a great party at work including crowning our Valentine's king and queen. It's so cute to see 80 year olds waving from their throne complete with flowers, sashes, and crowns. That night, Patrick & I decided to order in from our favorite restaurant, Taste of Thai. We ate and ate and exchanged gifts. I got a new pink Razor cell-phone and pajamas. I live in PJs. I spent all weekend trying to figure out how to work the new phone and transfer all of my numbers over.


We had quite a weekend of rain--I think about 3 inches. I intended to take a picture of our backyard but forgot before it turned dark. Our yard is completely flooded. There are only 2 things I don't like about our house--our next door neighbors (college kids) and our poor drainage system. Our yard is always damp and with this rain, there is literally a pond. In the morning, I guess we can go ice skating because our pond will be frozen! Well, I guess you live & learn. We'll definitely do more research on drainage before purchasing our next house. Other than watching our yard flood, we did a lot of shopping this weekend. I HATE to shop. Thank goodness my friends and family get married, have babies, and have birthdays because the only time I shop is for other people. I had 2 baby gifts to get and 3 birthday presents. After buying and wrapping, Saturday was pretty much gone.

I guess the biggest news from our exciting lives is Patrick's new look. As you can tell from the picture, he has glasses now!!! He has been noticing diminishing eye sight for awhile now and signed up for eye insurance at the beginning of this year. Sure enough, they recommended glasses. Believe it or not, he is so excited about them. He was like a kid in the candy store at LensCrafters.He had it narrowed down between 2 pairs when he asked my opinion. Guess what? Of course he chose the one I did NOT pick. Typical. Kind of reminds me of the commercial where the wife is trying on clothes and her husband gives his opinion and she always picks the opposite.Anyway, he's happy so that's what matters. In fact, he is totally obsessed with them-not even wanting to take them off for bed. We'll see how long that lasts. What I'm worried about is him loosing them. He lost his cell phone earlier in the week and freaked out. Turned out it was in his pants pocket all along. Maybe since he doesn't want to ever take his glasses off, he won't loose them. A girl can hope anyway!

3 comments:

The Smith Family said...

It did nothing but rain here too! We were glad to see some sunshine today! Who all came to your house for dinner? We are giving Binns a shower april 12 at the KD house! I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Rachel said...

I think Patrick's glasses make him look much more like the Physics geek that he is becoming:)

Amy said...

Les, check my blog. I tagged you ...if you have time and want to do this. :)