Geneva & Lexa have started Mother's Day out Mondays & Wednesdays from 9-1:00. We are so excited that a spot came open on the waiting list!! They are in a structured, Christian environment just 2 minutes from our house! They love to be around other children & we can't wait to see how much they learn & grow. We attended the open house last night so we could see their classroom & meet their teachers. They quickly got busy playing & didn't even mind when mommy & daddy snuck out to attend the parent's meeting. Lexa immediately saw the kitchen and said "Wow."
So domestic. Must get that from Mi-Mi!
Geneva cheesing it up in the car seat on the way to school.

Lexa staring at her crazy sister
Waving bye-bye
So we turn into the parking lot & they are both screaming "school, school, school, teacher, teacher." They get out of the car seats, carry their own lunch boxes into their classroom, & are un-phased by screaming toddlers around them. Geneva takes off to the play-dough section & Lexa takes to the magnetic alphabet letters. I tell them bye & am bragging on how good my kids are!! I return to a quiet home, looking forward to a leisurely breakfast, a few minutes of the Price is Right, & a nice shower. Just as I step into the shower, the dreaded phone call. "This is Geneva & Lexa's school... we were wondering if Lexa has a 'loveie', something that would calm her down. She did well the first hour but when we transitioned into the chapel for prayer she started crying & hasn't stopped. I told the director that I had snuck a pacifier in their bag (although I really did it thinking Geneva would be the one that needed it). The director told me they would try the pacifier & call me back if I needed to come up with Plan B. Well the phone didn't ring again. Thankfully I was able to do some cleaning & keep my haircut appointment. At 1:00 pick-up, both directors greeted me at the door to give me the Lexa update. Is it a bad sign that they already know her name??? They told me that she cried on and off for 3 hours spending a lot of time one on one with them but that she had eaten lunch (which I was also told wasn't enough food, that Lexa had requested more--it was 8 oz. chocolate milk, 1 cheese stick, a piece of wheat bread, half a banana, & sliced turkey!). When I peaked in their classroom window, she was playing by herself content but as soon as she saw me, she started crying, "where were you, mommy?" Her little face was so red & her eyes heavy from crying. Geneva was completely content. We grabbed their lunch boxes & were off. I had hoped for a picture but as usual with twins, impossible.
Geneva after school
Lexa quickly walking to "mommy's car". She wanted nothing to do with a picture. She was too excited to see her way out! Notice the pacifier (which she never uses). It stayed in her mouth until 5:00 tonight.
I asked the girls what they learned at school today. Geneva said "thank you", "spider song" (began singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider); "play with blocks". When I asked about her sister she said "sister cried!"
No comments:
Post a Comment