Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home Alone





Well we have survived our first time home alone-no daddy & no grandparents to help out! Patrick was out of town combining a work event with a trip home to visit his grandmother & for the first time overnight, I was left to manage the twins alone. I know I should grow up! Patrick kindly reminds me "you're almost 30!" But my response, "I don't feel that way!" I used to laugh at my 80+year old Granny with gray hair & wrinkles who used to tell me (as a 5 year old girl) that she still felt like a 20-year old inside. I thought how stupid! But now I know what she means. I still look at my kids & get scared that I am actually responsible for them!! I feel like someone should still be responsible for me! But we did fine. Thank God for whoever invented drive thrus! The girls got to run errands with me this morning, all the places that have drive thrus-- the bank, the pharmacy, the cleaners, & of course Chick-fil-A for mommy. At every drive thru we got the familiar, "are those twins?" They love to ride in the car, just sit there smiling & laughing in their carseats. I feel guilty that I am not able to take them places like most moms with singletons. They have never been to the grocery store or public places other than the doctor :) It's just too hard to manage two, especially since our carseats do not detach into infant carriers. I hope Patrick & I can maybe start a rotation soon so we can at least start taking them one at a time. I know they get bored staying in the house all the time.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It looks like the girls loved their "Mommy-time!" I know what you mean though...I still don't feel like a grown-up!