OK-I do have a really good excuse--Patrick broke the computer (a leaky water bottle in his backpack to blame) so we spent two weeks without one waiting to hear if it could be salvaged..then ordering a brand new one on-line. When it finally arrived, it had to go to the computer store so the old data could be transferred to it. Plus, did I mention I do have twins that are quite demanding these days??? Sorry to all my blog-followers. Please keep checking as I will go back and blog on several recent events, including our first road trip! Things are pretty good. I am back to work. All in all it has been a good transition. We have hired a babysitter, Brittany, who was a full-time sub and worked with Patrick last year. Her mom is also a teacher. Her ultimate goal is to be a nanny with a service but they wanted her to have experience with the same family for at least a year. So it just happened to fall into place. Avoiding the germs of daycare not to mention having to get them up and dressed and transported to a day care has been a blessing. This was my greatest worry during pregnancy, and everyone kept saying it will work out, and it did. Going back to work, even the first 2 weeks was actually a welcome break in some regard, actually showering, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed before noon and having a somewhat normal schedule. The patients welcomed me back like a queen. After five years of being there, I have developed some close relationships. All the residents are so curious about the girls and loved seeing their pictures. But I will admit by now, 6 weeks into it I am missing G & L more & more & dread Mondays. Juggling the housework, the grocery shopping, the cooking, taking care of 2 little ones, and being away 8 hours a day is challenging. I feel guilt at times, overwhelmed A LOT of times, but mostly sadness that I am missing out on the little stuff that will so quickly pass. But, unfortunately that's how it is in America these days. It takes two just to pay the mortgage and keep our heads above water. The girls are doing great! They are in size 3 diapers and 6 month clothes. Lexa is fat and happy. Zantac has been a miracle for her. She rarely suffers from the painful reflux and is so much calmer. She is such a morning person. Don't know where she gets that!!! I go in their room about 6:00 every morning and she is just laying in her crib smiling. She stays awake most of the morning and gets sleepier by the afternoon. She loves to eat and outweighs her sister by several pounds. Patrick and I laugh at her fat rolls and "thunder thighs." Last night Patrick said, "I'm afraid our baby is obese!" Her hair is still blonde and has really grown the past few weeks. Her latest discovery is a high-pitched squeal that she does over & over & over again. Geneva is a little smaller and still doesn't really desire to eat, mainly doing it because she has to. She is NOT a morning person, now I know where she gets that!! She HATES getting up in the morning. She eats about half of her bottle for the morning feeds and gets more alert and hungrier as the day goes on. Some of her hair has fallen out in the back but continues to be dark brown. She loves to nap, but when she is awake--she is fully engaged. She loves to study her parents (or anyone for that matter). She looks deep into you and smiles & coos & is beginning to laugh. She loves her tongue and loves to stick it out. She doesn't really cry just more of a fuss when she is bored. They change every day and like I said are definitely more demanding these days as they stay awake and require more entertainment. They love to go outside in their strollers and play on the floor with each other, kicking and "talking" back and forth. They are much more aware of each other and love to stare at the animals now. Did I mention, they are sleeping 6-7 hours during the night now! They go for their 4-month old shots this Thursday. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. We are so blessed. It is challenging having two, but we wouldn't trade it for anything. The Mom's of Multiples Club has been such a great outlet for me, getting to talk with and get support from other mom's with twins and even triplets. The club was nice enough to cook me dinner for the first week I was back at work. On a sad note, please pray for one of our new members whom I met at our August meeting. She delivered her twins on Thursday (at 22 weeks gestation) and lost both her son and daughter within 24 hours. My heart just aches for her. I can't imagine our lives without G & L. They are our miracles!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Finally Time to Post
OK-I do have a really good excuse--Patrick broke the computer (a leaky water bottle in his backpack to blame) so we spent two weeks without one waiting to hear if it could be salvaged..then ordering a brand new one on-line. When it finally arrived, it had to go to the computer store so the old data could be transferred to it. Plus, did I mention I do have twins that are quite demanding these days??? Sorry to all my blog-followers. Please keep checking as I will go back and blog on several recent events, including our first road trip! Things are pretty good. I am back to work. All in all it has been a good transition. We have hired a babysitter, Brittany, who was a full-time sub and worked with Patrick last year. Her mom is also a teacher. Her ultimate goal is to be a nanny with a service but they wanted her to have experience with the same family for at least a year. So it just happened to fall into place. Avoiding the germs of daycare not to mention having to get them up and dressed and transported to a day care has been a blessing. This was my greatest worry during pregnancy, and everyone kept saying it will work out, and it did. Going back to work, even the first 2 weeks was actually a welcome break in some regard, actually showering, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed before noon and having a somewhat normal schedule. The patients welcomed me back like a queen. After five years of being there, I have developed some close relationships. All the residents are so curious about the girls and loved seeing their pictures. But I will admit by now, 6 weeks into it I am missing G & L more & more & dread Mondays. Juggling the housework, the grocery shopping, the cooking, taking care of 2 little ones, and being away 8 hours a day is challenging. I feel guilt at times, overwhelmed A LOT of times, but mostly sadness that I am missing out on the little stuff that will so quickly pass. But, unfortunately that's how it is in America these days. It takes two just to pay the mortgage and keep our heads above water. The girls are doing great! They are in size 3 diapers and 6 month clothes. Lexa is fat and happy. Zantac has been a miracle for her. She rarely suffers from the painful reflux and is so much calmer. She is such a morning person. Don't know where she gets that!!! I go in their room about 6:00 every morning and she is just laying in her crib smiling. She stays awake most of the morning and gets sleepier by the afternoon. She loves to eat and outweighs her sister by several pounds. Patrick and I laugh at her fat rolls and "thunder thighs." Last night Patrick said, "I'm afraid our baby is obese!" Her hair is still blonde and has really grown the past few weeks. Her latest discovery is a high-pitched squeal that she does over & over & over again. Geneva is a little smaller and still doesn't really desire to eat, mainly doing it because she has to. She is NOT a morning person, now I know where she gets that!! She HATES getting up in the morning. She eats about half of her bottle for the morning feeds and gets more alert and hungrier as the day goes on. Some of her hair has fallen out in the back but continues to be dark brown. She loves to nap, but when she is awake--she is fully engaged. She loves to study her parents (or anyone for that matter). She looks deep into you and smiles & coos & is beginning to laugh. She loves her tongue and loves to stick it out. She doesn't really cry just more of a fuss when she is bored. They change every day and like I said are definitely more demanding these days as they stay awake and require more entertainment. They love to go outside in their strollers and play on the floor with each other, kicking and "talking" back and forth. They are much more aware of each other and love to stare at the animals now. Did I mention, they are sleeping 6-7 hours during the night now! They go for their 4-month old shots this Thursday. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. We are so blessed. It is challenging having two, but we wouldn't trade it for anything. The Mom's of Multiples Club has been such a great outlet for me, getting to talk with and get support from other mom's with twins and even triplets. The club was nice enough to cook me dinner for the first week I was back at work. On a sad note, please pray for one of our new members whom I met at our August meeting. She delivered her twins on Thursday (at 22 weeks gestation) and lost both her son and daughter within 24 hours. My heart just aches for her. I can't imagine our lives without G & L. They are our miracles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Leslie, they look great! They are so chubby and seem so happy! I have been thinking about you and glad to hear all is well. I need to get back to club meetings! It just gets crazier with twins! Keep your head up and continue to enjoy every minute you have with them, they are so worth it!
Post a Comment