Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July



We had a great 4th of July, although not our typical celebration.
The 4th is my favorite holiday. Other holidays, especially Christmas, are so overdone & commercialized.  I love our family gatherings at Dad's house-- summertime & getting outside, eating hamburgers, baked beans, homemade ice cream, & banana pudding & watching fireworks.  Well this year we have our hands a little full so we stayed home & welcomed company--my brother, Eric; sister-in-law, Amy; & nephew, Luke.  Luke celebrated his 8th birthday (July 5th) & loved holding his new cousins.  Luke was initially very disappointed that both twins were girls, but he is now very intrigued & extremely good with them--so gentle & loving.  The girls dressed up for their company.  Geneva's dress says "Miss Independent" & Lexa's "I love the USA."  So cute!  Aunt Amy & Uncle Eric are the best role models the girls could have.  I can't wait for the girls to get to know them.  Come back soon!  We love you. 

















Check out Amy's blog for better pics:  http://amyericluke.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah!!! So cute! I actually posted my pics tonight, too! I'm such a terrible blogger...

We had a lot of fun. And we are seriously already planning another trip up. Hope you don't mind! :)

Basham said...

Cute babies! Love the outfits and look at that happy mama! Adorable!