Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Are Expecting x 2!

2008 Christmas card:As most of you already know, Patrick & I are happy to announce that we are expecting TWINS! Our journey to parenthood has been many years in the making and more painful than I can ever express in words, but hopefully all the tears are behind us.  I will begin my second trimester this week and the doctors think I should deliver the third or fourth week of June (twins almost always come early).   So far I am feeling decent, much better than I expected.  We are still so cautious and guarded given all we have been through, but it is impossible not to get excited seeing 2 babies that are growing and thriving with legs, arms, heads, and spinal cords very evident already on ultrasound.  We will find out the last week in February what sex they are. At this point, I can't be choosy although I do hope for at least 1 to be a girl.  I had a psychic (another story for another day) tell me 2 years ago that I would soon have twin girls, so we'll see if she's right. I know that there are some of you that are struggling right now to conceive and I just want to take this opportunity to let you know that you are in my prayers.  It is the deepest pain that unless you have experienced it, I cannot explain.  I once read the sadness and grief of infertility surpasses that of women diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Of course, I cannot compare but I do know the pain is real.  There is hope, and I know your dreams will soon be realized as I hope mine is in June!

5 comments:

The Smith Family said...

I am so happy for you! If you do have twin girls, start saving your money! They are expensive!!! It is alot easier to shop off the clearance rack for boys than it is girls! There is just too much cute stuff out there!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you, and look forward to reading all about your children.

Christie said...

Congrats Leslie! If you have any questions or need anything, please just let me know! Best Wishes!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Patrick! You are going to be fantastic parents. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. = )

Basham said...

Congratulations to you both! I read your news and started jumping up and down for you in excitement. You are going to be great parents to the future HOG fans! We will continue keeping you in our prayers.