Monday, October 13, 2008

Lazy Days for Some...Not for Others



























Well as you can tell, Corkie & Whiskey have had a very relaxing weekend.  Not a care in the world...little do they know their yearly check-up is Friday.  It is always an adventure requiring both parents to go and comfort the shaking, scared babies.  Not to mention, we always take Patrick's car because Whiskey gets VERY carsick.  My mom's funniest story to tell is when Patrick & I moved into our house 4 years ago.  Patrick drove the Penske moving truck 3 hours with his head hanging out the window like Ace Ventura thanks to Whiskey's wonderful aroma. Anyway, while Corkie & Whiskey have been relaxing, their mom has been busy.  I am having surgery in approximately 2 weeks and am doing all I can to prepare for a week of no lifting, cleaning, or working.  We took a trip to Sam's and Wal-Mart to stock up on any and everything we might need.  I thoroughly cleaned and did several loads of laundry Saturday (while listening to the Hogs on the radio)!!  I went into work on Sunday in preparation of getting things ready at the nursing home for my week to 2 weeks off.  Don't know much else to report.  Patrick is wrapping up the end of the 1st 9 weeks at school and stays busy grading papers.  He's looking forward to his day off Friday, although it will be spent at the vet's and cleaning up afterwards...

1 comment:

Basham said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having surgery but will be thinking about you and Patrick. I am glad you were able to get some things done at home and work before being off. Have a great rest of the week and taking the babies to the vet!