Tuesday, October 22, 2013

4 Months Old

Ok- I am really behind on blogging.  Evan is 4 months old!  He is the sweetest baby & I am enjoying every minute with him.  I try not to compare my experience with the girls, but it is hard not to.  I feel like such a better mother this time around.  Having one baby to care for is much easier than two obviously.  I can actually anticipate his needs, pick him up when he cries, & have time left to play with him!  With the girls I was juggling my time between two plus all the laundry & dirty bottles they generated.  Oh and that thing called full-time work...  I am enjoying being a stay-at-home mom & only working some afternoons & weekends.  Much less stress & much more time with my little boy.  We take the girls to preschool MWF from 9-1:00 & like to run errands & play around the house while they are "getting ready for kindergarten" as Lexa reminds me.  Here is their latest picture (it was picture day at school Monday)...
Lexa & Geneva are the BEST big sisters & truly help me so much with pacifier duty & keeping Evan happy.  They have the sweetest heart & are so maternal.  They have never been interested in baby dolls until now.  They mimic my every action.  If my baby needs a bottle, their baby does.  If my baby is sleeping, their baby sleeps (& always in the funniest places like Evan's swing or car seat).  I have to promise to feed their babies when they are asleep.

Evan is now on a pretty set schedule.  He generally still eats every 3 hours in the daytime--6:00, 9:00, noon, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00.  He goes to bed after his last bottle between 9-10:00 & sleeps all night until 5:30 or 6:00 a.m.!  (He then takes a bottle & usually naps in the swing until 8:00ish).  This started his first night in his crib!  We were shocked considering you literally cannot leave a room without him crying or squealing for attention.  But at night time, he goes right into his crib, no rocking required.  What a blessing!  He is eating 4 ounces at every feeding.  Still takes his Prevacid for acid reflux once a day.  He still has quite a bit of spit up, some days definitely worse than others, but he is definitely gaining weight & definitely happier than he started out.  He squeals, he laughs, he giggles, he babbles, he grasps toys, he stares intently at mommy & daddy.  He LOVES to be included in anything & everything.  When I empty the dishwasher or cook, he is right there with me in his bouncy just smiling. He loves to sit in his bouncer when we eat dinner just watching us & smacking his lips.  He'll be ready for the spoon very soon.

I just love him to pieces.  I still can't believe he's mine!

No comments: