Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rat & Rain



We have had a ton of rain in October--I think I heard on the news that it had broken a record since they were kept in the 1800s for the wettest October. These pictures of our backyard were taken Thursday night. We received a lot of rain--fast all the way up to our back door. About an hour after these pics were taken, I opened the door to let Corkie out. The water had receded but she was still hesitant to go out so the door was open & I was trying to get her out when I looked down and there was a furry rat NOT a mouse, a RAT on the doorstep!!!! As you know I am deathly afraid of bugs, spiders, and any kind of rodents. I screamed like I've never screamed before but had enough sense to shut the door before he ran inside. Guess he was on the move from the rain. Luckily we haven't seen him since. Needless to say I had nightmares all night!!

No comments: