This one's for you Becky... Becky, my former co-worker, knows how much I have secretly desired to have a mini-van, always jealous of hers. She believed, even when I didn't, that one day I would have kids (maybe twins like her & her sister) and would finally get my mini-van. In fact, that was the first thing she said when I told her I was pregnant, "now you can get your minivan!". So yesterday Patrick & I test-drove and have pretty much decided on the Honda Odyssey, which works out well because my friend, Hilary's husband sells them. (They have boy/girl twins born in December). It will be tough since both of our cars are paid for now--adding a car payment along with diapers and daycare but with two carseats, two animal carriers, and all the extras I think it will be a necessity. We will have many road trips considering two of the three sets of grandparents and all great-grandparents are a good 3 hour trip away. I went to the doctor Friday for my glucose and anemia tests and a regular check-up. I am now on a 2 week schedule and still no talk of bedrest which is great. I am really feeling the pregnancy now... hard to tie my shoes, get out of chairs, very achy in the belly, etc. but well worth it. There is a little concern that has popped up that I will share... on my last ultrasound Baby A measured a week and a half behind where she should, just on her torso measurement which is something new because they have always measured the same. So out of caution and since I am considered high-risk, the doctor has referred me to the only high-risk OB clinic in the state, 3 hours away for another ultrasound and consultation to ensure that everything is okay. Their biggest concern is that one baby is getting more nutrients than the other... not sure how they would fix that but didn't want to go there yet. Patrick & I have been skeptical since the past ultrasound so we are not worrying too much yet. The ultrasound tech was very rushed and not as friendly as others in the past. Instead of taking 3 measurements and averaging them, she only took one. She did comment that the position of Baby A was curled up at that moment and was hard to get an accurate measurement. So we are confident that everything is okay but are looking forward to the appointment as peace of mind. We will keep you updated. Please keep our babies in your prayers that they are growing and healthy.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
It's About Time for the Minivan!
This one's for you Becky... Becky, my former co-worker, knows how much I have secretly desired to have a mini-van, always jealous of hers. She believed, even when I didn't, that one day I would have kids (maybe twins like her & her sister) and would finally get my mini-van. In fact, that was the first thing she said when I told her I was pregnant, "now you can get your minivan!". So yesterday Patrick & I test-drove and have pretty much decided on the Honda Odyssey, which works out well because my friend, Hilary's husband sells them. (They have boy/girl twins born in December). It will be tough since both of our cars are paid for now--adding a car payment along with diapers and daycare but with two carseats, two animal carriers, and all the extras I think it will be a necessity. We will have many road trips considering two of the three sets of grandparents and all great-grandparents are a good 3 hour trip away. I went to the doctor Friday for my glucose and anemia tests and a regular check-up. I am now on a 2 week schedule and still no talk of bedrest which is great. I am really feeling the pregnancy now... hard to tie my shoes, get out of chairs, very achy in the belly, etc. but well worth it. There is a little concern that has popped up that I will share... on my last ultrasound Baby A measured a week and a half behind where she should, just on her torso measurement which is something new because they have always measured the same. So out of caution and since I am considered high-risk, the doctor has referred me to the only high-risk OB clinic in the state, 3 hours away for another ultrasound and consultation to ensure that everything is okay. Their biggest concern is that one baby is getting more nutrients than the other... not sure how they would fix that but didn't want to go there yet. Patrick & I have been skeptical since the past ultrasound so we are not worrying too much yet. The ultrasound tech was very rushed and not as friendly as others in the past. Instead of taking 3 measurements and averaging them, she only took one. She did comment that the position of Baby A was curled up at that moment and was hard to get an accurate measurement. So we are confident that everything is okay but are looking forward to the appointment as peace of mind. We will keep you updated. Please keep our babies in your prayers that they are growing and healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The Odyssey is the way to go, as far as mini-vans :) I think you'll love it!
I'll be praying for you and the babies. Let me know if you need anything while you are in town :)
Rachel
I am so jealous. I really want a mini van now that we have two. If we ever all a third there will definitely be a need for one!!! Congratulations, and you and the babies are in my prayers as you go for your next ultrasound.
I think you are right! Everything is OK with your little Baby A however I will pray very hard to keep it that way!
The Odyssey is the way to go. We love "ODY" our Odyssey. I don't know how we ever lived without it.
Post a Comment