Sunday, August 31, 2008

Football Season Has Arrived!



Finally!  The best time of the year is here.  I live for football season! Last night was our opener and a victory, although barely, but still a W in the record books.  As usual, I had every intention of bringing my camera to the game and forgot, having to rely on my cell phone for these pictures, so not the best quality from our nosebleed section.  Our next home game, our SEC opener, is my BIRTHDAY!  What a great birthday present.  Let's hope it's a day game and not a night game like yesterday.  Because of our seats, close to the stadium lights let's just say it was like a horror movie with all of the bugs.  As most of you know, I am TERRIFIED of anything creepy, crawly, especially those that JUMP like the huge grasshoppers at the stadium.  Even Patrick, whose minor is in entomology, was grossed out--that's saying a lot.  As hard-back seats became available at half, we moved about 10 rows down hoping the bug situation would be better, but I think was actually worse.  A HUGE grasshopper, at least 9 inches long, was crawling up the concrete wall in front of us.  I'm telling you these were superbugs!  Needless to say I had nightmares last night...  I am looking forward to tomorrow off.  This is the first time I have ever taken Labor Day off!  Actually I will be seeing my home health patients so I guess I will not technically be off.  I am hoping to get in an early Jazzercise class in the morning and see my two patients and be home by noon where some much-needed work around the house will begin.  Patrick wants to go furniture shopping.  We have been saying for a year now that we are going to buy a king-sized bed.  With the two animals in the bed, we need the extra space!  Maybe we might hit a good sale, or more than likely I, being the frugal one in the family, will find an excuse to put it off another year...

1 comment:

libbyferg said...

those are good pictures from your cell phone. That was a crazy game. Did you watch the game this weekend?